Ella C. Ehrhardt General Store sells penny candy and a dizzying array of general store stuff. Tons of baskets, signs, figurines, and tons of randomly selected…stuff. They’re open from spring until the beginning of November.
According to the Wayne County Historical Society, the store was founded in 1860 by Frederick A. Ehrhardt. “The store’s ceiling is most unusual; it contains pieces of wood arranged to form geometric designs. Display cases have a wide array of merchandise, including penny candy. The building has the Greek Revival influence with its front-gabled form and second-floor pediment doors and windows. The two-tiered porch is supported by simple supports.”