- A maple farm that produces PA maple syrup in Greentown, up by Promised Land State Park. Try the bourbon maple!
- Local 25-year-old bar and grill in Promised Land with average food. The beer is cold. Burgers, baskets, and hot and cold sandwiches.
- Promised Land State Park has a few joints close by. Try a little seafood restaurant/bar, a couple of great country diners, and a terrific food truck.
- Casual family-friendly restaurant/bar with sports tv and a cozy, rustic atmosphere. Burgers, ribs, trout, specials. Kids menu.
- Brand new Paupack Hills chalet in the woods. 1 bedroom, 2 beds, 1 bath. Steps to the Lake Wallenpaupack shore.
- A terrific food truck parked on Main Street in Newfoundland. Pizza, cheesesteaks, burgers, daily specials. Highly recommended.
- One of Self Magazine’s “19 Best Airbnb Cabins in the U.S. for a Winter Getaway.” 2 bedrooms, fire pit, charming, clean, and cozy. Surrounded by trees. Nice year round!
- This brand new and fully equipped cabin offers 1 double bed, 2 single beds, 1 sofa bed, and 1 air mattress on 35-acre animal rescue sanctuary.
- Accommodates 4 guests. Outdoors has two decks, a fire pit, and a charcoal grill. Kitchen has all you need. Minutes from Promised Land State Park.
- Divey country bar, edge of Promised Land State Park. Cheesesteaks, burgers, wings. Beer to go, good WiFi for campsite people.
- Casual, family-friendly restaurant. Extensive menu, salad bar, dessert bar. Breakfast all day, reasonable prices. Kids’ menu, outdoor deck.
- Live the unspoiled wilderness of Promised Land State Park at the boutique micro-hotel The Rex in 10 units of upscale luxury.
- Fresh coffee, bagels, pastries, snacks, and an assortment of drinks. Essentials for your campsite cooking. Wall of vintage-style candy.
- Tiny new brewery’s taproom. “We use local ingredients when able, support our neighbors, and brew beer that makes people dance.”
- As country as country gets. Be seated at a picnic table, wooden booth, table, or counter for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or get a cone to go from the dairy bar.
- Every Saturday from 10 am ’til 2 pm. Vendors will be offering homemade products and locally grown food. The concession stand serves breakfast and lunch.
- Year-round hiking, fishing, swimming, boating, biking, picnicking, camping, ice skating. 2 lakes on 3,000 acres of forested land. Cabins, tent sites.
- 2-mile gravel and dirt multi-use trail crosses a ford. Takes an average of 17 minutes to complete. Trail Difficulty is rated “Easy”.
- Lake store for Promised Land. Necessities, deli, tackle, camping supplies, ice cream, ice. Friendly folks, just a short hike from the park. Exactly what you need for where you are.
- Rustic walk-in sites, electric sites, and full hook-up sites with sewer, water, and electric on-site in the middle of a lake-bordered peninsula.
- 2 glacial lakes and 3,000 acres on the Pocono Plateau, surrounded by Delaware State Forest. Rustic RV, tent sites, and cabin rentals.
- Magnificent 3,000 acres on the Pocono Plateau that are 1,800 feet above sea level, surrounded by 12,000 acres of the Delaware State Forest.
- Friendly and uncrowded market with a bakery, a deli, and beer & wine. There’s a gas station next door. Best place for Promised Land State Park campers.
- Geodesic domes, luxury tents, and traditional tents sites, lots of amenities, next door to Promised Land State Park.
- Small-town restaurant. Sandwiches, chili, soups, salads. Dinner menu adds steaks, prime rib, fried chicken, and seafood.
- Penny candy and a dizzying array of general store stuff. Tons of baskets, signs, figurines, and tons of randomly selected…stuff.
- Bruce Lake Natural Area is part of the Delaware State Forest with 2,900 acres of land and miles of trails. Egypt Meadow lake and Bruce Lake.
- Small late-summer 100-year-old week-long fair in Newfoundland. Food, contests, midway, live music, beer tent. Demolition derby, tractor pull, farm animals.
- Tent sleeps four and is filled with minimalist boho décor. It has a queen-size mattress and sits on 40 acres. Grill, fire pit.
- Gentle, really fun little trail along the stream. hopping from rock to rock. 2.7 miles, features a lake, good for all skill levels. Bring Fido, great for kids.
- Breakfast/lunch spot in old hotel on a country road. Walls adorned with license plates, huge comfy wooden booths. Service is friendly.
- Pieces of the Past Antiques is an absolute lollapalooza of STUFF. There’s a shop and 8 outbuildings full of antiques and collectibles.
- Low-fi low-budget motel and cottages. Very dated, but does the trick. Located on the edge of Promised Land State Park, and that’s why you go here.
- Electric motor boats, rowboats, canoes, pedal boats, single and tandem kayaks, and paddle boards.